Welcome

Welcome to Weekly Bite!

Hi, I'm Estela. I'm a Registered Dietitian & stay-at-home mom living in Southern California. Weekly Bite is a lifestyle blog centered around food, life, & mommyhood. I hope you enjoy my recipes & adventures! Thanks for stopping by!

Print This Post Print This Post

7 Things I Love…

By , May 2, 2011 6:43 am

Hi There :)

How was your weekend? We were busy cleaning out our basement. It’s truly amazing how much junk (other than coffee mugs) that we’ve accumulated.

It’s been ages since I’ve done a 7 Things I’m Loving feature. I’ve discovered so many fun things that I just had to share them with you! I hope you enjoy them!

1) Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites

These are absolute heaven to a pregnant woman. They are a very creative version of a “Buckeye” sandwiched between two salty pretzels, then dipped in chocolate. Yum!

2) Kid’s Room Teepee

I grew up wanting a teepee in my room. I love how cute this looks! Especially in this super cute room!

3) Chocolate & Salted Caramel Pudding Pops

Ohmygosh!!!!!! I spotted these on Endless Simmer and about fell off my chair! How genius is this combination?!?!! I remember living on Jello Pudding Pops when I was little. I can’t wait to make these!!

4) Little Girl’s Mexican Dress

Cutest. Dress. Ever!!! I want/need to get this dress for M!! This would be perfect for San Diego. Her 2nd birthday is coming up… maybe, just maybe, if I talk about this dress every single day, one of her family members will buy it for her ;) ;)

5) Veggie & Dip in Cups

I spotted these on Pinterest and thought they were such a cute idea! Perfect for parties!

6) Strapless ZigZag One Piece Swimsuit

If I didn’t have a baby growing in my belly, I’d be all over this swimsuit. I love the pastel zigzag’s in this old school one piece. This will be on my wish list for next summer :)

7) Citrus Jello Slices

LOVE this idea! So clever and cute! All you do is scoop out the insides of the citrus fruit, fill it with jello, refrigerate till solid, slice, and enjoy. This could also work with sorbet or citrus flavored ice cream! I’m totally making these this summer.

What things are you loving right now?

22 Responses to “7 Things I Love…”

1. Love this- That last picture is so pretty with all the colors!

2. Laura says:

Very cool post! Love the mex. dress and the jello slices.

3. Oh my gosh! So many charming things in one post! I love creative ideas like those jello slices and veggie dip presentations…it makes me think differently.

4. those are all so cute (and delicious!!!) i love that little mexican dress and the bathing suit too. so beautiful!

5. Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites = how did i miss those?!!

YUM!!!!

6. Ahhh, I used to have a dress like that when I was little and I LOVED it!!! I wish I had a grownup version :-)

7. cassie says:

so love this post.. i love all things peanut butter, but i’m so loving the peanut butter pretzel bites.. i need them in life asap :-)

8. Cara says:

Such cute things in this post!Very tasteful! I love that dress, it is adorable!

9. Anne Keo says:

Someone at work made something similar to the pretzel bites that I’m pretty sure you will like. She used the square pretzels and melted/smooshed a Rolo candy in between. Out.of.this.world!

10. that last fruit with jelly thing is genius. love stuff like that!

11. I want the pudding pops and the dress! Yum and too cute for words! I would totally wear that. As for what you said to me about salt…I’m the worst. I have a serious love of hot sauce and I didn’t realize that it has soooo much sodium in it. I thought I was doing so well cutting back on my salt. Um no, I just changed it out. I’ve been working on cutting back more lately though.

12. That teepee is great! I would have loved that as a kid.

Citrus Jell-o slices are a genius idea!

13. Estela - Weekly Bite says:

I love teepee’s :)

14. I would have loved to have a teepee as a little girl !! …and salted carmel and choc pudding pops sound SO good!

15. I want that swimsuit!!
    M NEEDS that little dress! ;)

16. Nicole, RD says:

I don’t know which idea is cuter – the pudding pops or jello slices. I think both of those are must-makes!

17. All of those were so cute! I love these kind of posts.

18. I used to eat pudding pops all of the time as a kid too, I must make these! What a fantastic treat for summer :)

19. Melanie Flinn says:

Cute list. I just bought my 2 yr old several Mexican dresses when we were home visiting family in San Antonio. If you know anyone that lives there, they can send you the same looking dress for $20-$25. Market square! They even sell them at Walmart there! I did also buy 2 from the Gap recently- slightly obsessed!

20. Jen says:

In my daughter’s closet, hangs my Mexican dress from when I was 4 years old… My mom saved it for me to one day pass along to her! It is so adorable. Except she likes to pair it with polka dotted leggings. :)

21. Thank you so much for including me on the 7 things you love. Those peanut butter pretzel bites are amazing!! :D

22. I really liked your use of pictures on your blog. My favorites, of your favorites, are the peanut butter pretzel bites (looks so delicious), the chocolate & salted caramel pudding pops, and lastly the different colored citrus jello (very creative). Although most people would think that the foods you posted are not healthy items, i value dietitians who show people that there is no such thing as “good” or “bad” food. Food is food. The sweetened items you posted illustrated how small these snacks were in size (artistically strengthens the argument that the amount is most important). The chocolate & salted caramel pudding pops illustrated a serving size of this snack (not sure if that was done or purpose or not). As a nutrition student, I am relieved to see dietitians who are not too preachy and who enjoy eating all kinds of food, in moderation of course. :)

Earleane Baker
    earlybirdnd@wordpress.com

• Weekly SauceSaucy Tips at Your Request
  • Lady CleverSensible, Smart & Chic
  • Weekly GravyNew Digital Mag for Men
  • The Health CastSuperb Advice. Healthy Results.
  • Top Coupons TodayTrusted Offers, Totally Free
  • PlaydateShare, Learn, Create
  • Weekly GrapeIn Vino Veritas
  • Weekly BiteFood. Life. & Mommyhood.
  • From Fries to FitA Journey to a Healthy and Balanced Life
  • Weekly MDTop Advice - Peak Results
  • Lady LivelyRefreshing Advice. Exceptional Results.