Welcome

Welcome to Weekly Bite!

Hi, I'm Estela. I'm a Registered Dietitian & stay-at-home mom living in Southern California. Weekly Bite is a lifestyle blog centered around food, life, & mommyhood. I hope you enjoy my recipes & adventures! Thanks for stopping by!

Print This Post Print This Post

Granola Apple Moons – {Kiddie Snack}

By , January 12, 2011 6:55 am

Warning.

Just cause you make this for your kid doesn’t mean you won’t eat most of them.

Warning.

This has that killer combo. You know, that PB & chocolate combo that no one can turn down.

Warning.

The fact that these contain fruit, plus that killer combo I just mentioned makes you wanna eat more.  Because it doesn’t count if it has fruit… right?

I have something very simple, yet incredibly delicious for you today.  These Granola Apple Moons are the perfect snack for kids of all ages. I have to say ‘kids of all ages’ to justify eating most of them.

These are even a great snack for your kids to help put together.  It may be a little messy, but I bet they have fun doing it :)

Here’s everything you need:

Step I.

Step II.

Step III.

Step IV.

Try to leave at least one slice for your kid ;)

You can bet I’ll be making these for the next play date I host.  I’m not sure these will top the Nutella Cream Soda, but it’ll be close :)

27 Responses to “Granola Apple Moons – {Kiddie Snack}”

1. I don’t think these are just a kiddie snack! I want some of these! They are healthy and SO cute too!

2. Sarah says:

Yum. I feel like I can taste those apple slices just by looking at the pictures. Mmm.my mouth is watering!

3. Estela - Weekly Bite says:

These are definitely NOT just a kiddie snack! Trust me :)

4. Kiddie snack?! Um, my lunch?! ;)

5. Ha…I definitely want these as my ADULT snack!!! :-)

6. Um I would definitely eat these! You are such a great model for making healthy, fun and delicious meals and snacks for kids!

7. Your daughter better appreciate you when she grows up! As always, these look great.

Also, is there anything that can top that Nutella soda? That creation was pure genius.

8. Kat says:

What a perfect way to get my brother to eat apples!! I am totally sharing this with my parents!

9. Definitely a killer combo! Jay was just standing behind me and he said “that looks so good”! I guess I will be doing this…that means I have to share apples!

10. 27 still counts as a kiddie…right…? :)

11. What perfect timing for this post. I just made homemade granola and I’m hosting a play date tomorrow! Does M have trouble with the skins of the apple? I always peel the skin but maybe I don’t need to anymore. (My little one is 27 months)

12. YUUUUUUUUM. Never thought to add any toppings to my pb apples. Love that plate ;D

13. Rochel says:

Now I know what I’m having for a snack when I finish work. Thanks.

14. Estela - Weekly Bite says:

HI Maryea,

It depends on the day. Sometimes she eats the apple skins, sometimes she doesn’t. With this snack she normally eats the skins.

Let me know how the kids like them :)

15. Chocolate and Peanut Butter. God’s gift to the world, and to mothers!

16. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by samsclubamie. samsclubamie said: RT @WeeklyBite: Granola Apple Moons – {Kiddie Snack} http://t.co/mIGDifk [...]

17. OMG my stepkids are going to LOVE THOSE! I cannot wait to eat them… I mean, make them for the kids. :)

18. OMG this is like everything I love all in one! And ummm I don’t have kids but I’m kiiiinda thinking I want to make these!

19. Camille says:

Oh, yummy!! I’m totally making these and also trying it with Nutella spinkled with a little coconut!

20. Estela - Weekly Bite says:

Yum! What a great topping idea!

21. Anne Marie says:

This is such a fun play on ants on a log.

22. omg i have a prewritten post going out tomorrow..with kiddie snacks! and one of them is a linkback to an older “recipe” of mine for apple crumble/granola! yours w/ the PB looks delish!

23. I don’t have kids, but I would totally make this for myself!

24. Laura says:

Gonna have to try that. Looks yummy!

25. [...] After my sickly weekend, I’ve had the desire to keep my food as simple as possible.  So far we’ve had a Bananaberry Smoothie and Granola Apple Moons. [...]

• Weekly SauceSaucy Tips at Your Request
  • Lady CleverSensible, Smart & Chic
  • Weekly GravyNew Digital Mag for Men
  • The Health CastSuperb Advice. Healthy Results.
  • Top Coupons TodayTrusted Offers, Totally Free
  • PlaydateShare, Learn, Create
  • Weekly GrapeIn Vino Veritas
  • Weekly BiteFood. Life. & Mommyhood.
  • From Fries to FitA Journey to a Healthy and Balanced Life
  • Weekly MDTop Advice - Peak Results
  • Lady LivelyRefreshing Advice. Exceptional Results.