How are you doing this fine day?
I’m doing pretty good!
Well… honestly… I’m struggling. Struggling with words to describe this hummus. This hummus is good. Really. Really. Good.
Ways I like to eat hummus:
- With crackers (wheat thins, triscuits, pretzels, basically any cracker will do.)
- With pita chips (of course)
- In sandwiches
- With flat bread
- I dip olives in hummus… yes, you read that correctly…
- In a quesadilla, with cheddar cheese and onions… its awesome. you should try it.
- Sometimes after I make hummus I like to throw 1/2 cup or so of garbanzo beans for added crunch and texture.
- On occasion, I eat it with veggies to make me feel healthy
If you haven’t noticed by now, my husband and I are big hummus fans. Huge!
I like basic hummus… but my husband… he comes home with all sorts of flavors.
We’ve had green onion hummus, jalapeno, spicy, horseradish, eggplant, you name it , we’ve had it in our fridge.
Some of them weren’t bad, but the horseradish… gross!
I never use to be picky about my hummus until one day… one day I got a taste of the good stuff. My dear friend from Jordan had been telling me for weeks she would make me hummus. One day she was kind enough to bring me a batch. IT. WAS. DELICIOUS. The flavors were simple… and perfect.
The key ingredient…. LEMON. You will need one or two of these.
You’ll need a 16 oz can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained.
1/4 cup olive oil
A couple cloves of garlic
Plus some water and kosher salt.
This hummus is simple, incredible, creamy, and delicious!
- 1 – 16 oz can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- Juice of one large lemon or more depending on your taste
- Two cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup or more of water
Throw all ingredients except the water in a food processor or blender. Blend until nice and smooth. Be sure to scrape down the sides. Slowly add the water in and continue to blend until creamy. I end up using about 1/2 of water to get the creamy consistency I like.
Place hummus in serving dish or air tight container, drizzle with a bit of olive oil on top. ENJOY!!
Question of the Day?
What’s your favorite way to eat hummus? You know my answer