Oatmeal Cookie Snacks
Hi there! I have a confession to make… I CAN’T STOP BAKING!! I think it’s the season… or the fact that I just love to bake period. For me, there’s something comforting and soothing about baking. I just love the way the house smells when somethings baking in the oven… So, I’m warning you… be ready for a ton of baking on the blog!
I never really need an excuse to eat a cookie! As much as I love to bake, I try to eat pretty healthy… “try” being the key word. I took an oatmeal cookie recipe and beefed it up with some healthy ingredients… that way, I can eat my cookie and still feel “healthy.” Hence the name “Oatmeal Cookie Snacks”
These cookies are hearty, sweet, comforting, and rich enough to hold you over for a couple of hours… if you eat one 🙂 If you eat more than one, I can’t guarantee you ever feel hungry again…
OK, maybe you will feel hungry again… in like, 6 hours…
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter – room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 cups old fashioned organic oats
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, salt, ground flax seed, baking soda and spices).
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars. Add in honey, eggs and vanilla. Slowly add in dry mixture and beat together. Stir in oats, applesauce, fruit and nuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes at 350 degrees or until edges are browned.
- Let set, then transfer to cooling rack.