Easy Blueberry Muffins
I’m not gonna lie… I got zero cooking or baking done over the weekend. We were overwhelmed with house stuff.
We organized closets, touched up the guest bathroom, planted pansies in the yard, set up the office, painted the entire basement (floors & walls), refinished the basement landing, and de-cluttered the entire house.
By the end of the weekend I felt exhausted, fatigued, and so so tired. The one thing I did manage to squeeze out of my kitchen were some blueberry muffins. They’re nothing fancy, but delicious nonetheless. You can thank a pregnancy craving for these babies 😉
Here’s how to make these easy blueberry muffins.
1) In a large bowl, combine all your dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, & baking powder.
2) In a separate bowl, combine all your wet ingredients: buttermilk, canola oil, eggs, & vanilla.
3) Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients.
4) Using a spoon, mix just until combined, then add your blueberries.
5) Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and fill each muffin cup about 2/3rds full… Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- 2 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar (you can use granulated sugar too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, & salt. Whisk together until combined. In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, & canola oil. Whisk together until everything is mixed through. Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients. Using a spoon, mix just until combined. Fold in fresh blueberries.
Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
These were moist & delicious! Exactly what I was craving for 🙂
Today’s the photo shoot for house. I feel like I have a million things to do before they get here! Good thing I have blueberry muffins to munch on 😉
See you tomorrow 🙂