Turkey & Carrot Meatloaf
We had the ultimate comfort food for dinner last night.
It was delicious.
I happen to think meatloaf is underrated. It’s one of those dishes that I love but hardly ever make. Everyone loved it, including my little toddler.
I used my basic meatloaf recipe, subbed it with turkey and added some shredded carrots.
Here are all the steps to make this simple dish.
1) Saute your onions and carrots in olive oil for about 8 minutes until tender.
2) To the onion mixture, add parsley, ketchup, and worcestershire sauce. Mix until combined.
3) Transfer the onion mixture to a large bowl.
4) Add in your ground turkey, bread crumbs, one egg, and salt and pepper. Using your hand, mix well until all ingredients are combined.
5) Transfer the mixture to a large pan and form a 9×5 inch loaf.
6) Brush ketchup over the top and bake for about 50 minutes until cooked through.
We ate it with a side of pasta & peas. M loved it!
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped parsely
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add in your carrots and onions and saute for about 8-10 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and add your ketchup, worcestershire sauce, and parsley to the onion mixture. Stir until combine and transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add your turkey, bread crumbs, milk, egg, salt, & pepper to the onion mixture. Using your hand, mix until all ingredients are combined. Line a large pan with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place the turkey mixture onto the pan and form a 9×5 inch loaf. Brush 3 tablespoon of ketchup on top of the meatloaf. Bake at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.