How was your weekend? Mine was decent… well, it was better than “decent.” My baby girl ROLLED OVER for the first time!!!!! Here she is after the big “ROLL”
Other than that ground breaking milestone, my weekend revolved around granola.
Don’t ask me why, but I was obsessed with granola… ALL. WEEKEND. LONG!! Yes, I know that sounds weird. I like granola and eat it pretty much every day… but have never actually made it. To me a good granola is rich, decadent, super satisfying, and nutritious. I’ve stayed away from so many supermarket granolas because they are crazy high in saturated fat. So high that I might as well just eat a candy bar for the same amount of fat and calories.
I researched many different recipes and eventually came up with my own. The result was a delicious granola that was so easy to make, it convinced me that buying granola was no longer an option. Here’s the recipe.
- 6 cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 2 cups mixed nuts (you can use any combination you like. I used sunflower seeds, salted peanuts, slivered almonds, and walnut pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup honey
1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup dried fruit of your choice (I used dried cherries, cranberries, and golden raisins)
1) Preheat over to 325 degrees
2) Place oats in a large bowl
9) Let granola cool completely. When granola is completely cooled it will be hard. Break granola up into pieces and store in an airtight container or ziploc bag. Granola should keep for several weeks.
My favorite way to eat granola is mixed in with yogurt!
What’s your favorite way to eat granola?
Have a great day!!!!!!