On-the-Go Kiddie Snacks
Hi there! I have received several emails asking to show some on-the-go snacks. I have to admit, on-the-go snacks is something I need work on. In an ideal world, I prefer my kid’s eat each snack at the table, but the reality is we’re often running errands right in the middle of snack time. There are several things I like to keep on hand that I can grab in a hurry. Here are a few snacks I put together from a NatureBox I received and items lying around our kitchen.
- Whole-wheat fig bars (NatureBox)
- dry roasted peanuts (or almonds)
- Veggie Chips (NatureBox or Terra Original)
- Popcorn kernels (I like to air pop and fill a large ziploc bag with popcorn for quick snacks)
- yogurt covered raisins
- slice almonds
Other items I like for on-the-go snacks:
- snap peas
- dried fruit (cherries, raisins, apricots, apple rings, pineapple rings, mango, etc..)
- nuts (peanuts, almonds – only if not allergic)
- air-popped popcorn
- cheese sticks
- granola bars (cascadian farm, health valley, annie’s)
- Late July Organic Peanut Butter or Cheese crackers
- small sandwiches
What I found works best for me is having a variety of foods that can easily be eaten out of the house (that aren’t messy). When grabbing a snack I always try to for a whole-grain, fruit, & or low-fat protein. The items listed above are some of M’s favorites.
What are your favorite on-the-go snacks?
p.s. my apologies for the lack of blog posts last week, was busy catching up with life 🙂
p.p.s. stay tuned for a fun giveaway 🙂