12 Weeks No Diets – Week 4
Hi There 🙂
Today we start week 4 of 12 Weeks No Diets!
To recap, here are the goals we’ve worked on so far:
- Eat when you’re hungry, stop when you’re satisfied.
- Identify any mindless eating routines you may have, think of a different activity to work on breaking those routines.
- Drink at least 12oz of water with each meal, and 8-12 oz between meals
- When hungry, eat at least one piece of fruit per day, and veggies of some sort (preferably fresh) for two meals.
- Meal Timing: keep an eye on the clock. Never go longer than 5 hours without eating, and be sure to ask yourself “Am I truly hungry?” before eating.
- Portion Control: use your hand to control your portions sizes. When eating out, make it a rule to order what you truly want but only eat half of what’s served. Take the rest home for delicious leftovers 🙂
This week we will only have one goal. The goal is to take a step back and PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY. When I say “pay attention to your body” I’m talking about eating consciously. This is about getting to know your body and phasing out the mindless eating. Now that I have a baby, I’m quickly becoming the queen of multitasking, and that includes eating as well. When eating and doing something else at the same time, its easy to over eat. To avoid this, it’s important to slow things down a bit and really take your time when eating.
The phrase “Pay Attention to Your Body” means so much. One habit I catch myself doing is mindlessly “tasting” while cooking. Often times when cooking or baking, the food finds its way into my mouth… then when its time to eat, I’m not hungry, but may eat anyway. This is an area where I need to “Pay Attention.”
If I taste a lot when cooking, then its important to balance that out with a lighter dinner, or, just don’t taste mindlessly. There’s a difference between tasting the food for flavor and straight up eating it.
Goal for this week:
Pay Attention – Really take time to pay attention to your body and identify any habits where you mindlessly eat. This involve more than just eating consciously. Take time when you eat and really taste your food. Enjoy what you’re eating. Make sure you love what you’re eating. And most importantly, remember that you are the one in control of your mind, body, and choices.
Workout of the week:
No More Resolutions will run for 12 weeks along with No Diets in the New Year
There are beginner, intermediate, and advanced workouts for everyone! My favorite thing about these workouts is that they can be done at home!
Question of the Day?
What are some areas where you feel you need to be more conscious?
For me, I find when I’m watching the Food Network, I often find myself wanting or craving the food thats on TV even when I’m not hungry.